Here is my latest Ghost Floral. (These are a series of paintings with mottled backgrounds and white flowers.)
Its been a difficult run with this one -- but I've accepted the fact that some paintings are more successful than others and I need to just get on with it. The more I worked on this one, however, the more I hated the flower in the center. It was too plain, too centered, too boring. I didn't think I would be able to do anything with it.
Then one day, after a nap, I came up to the studio and looked at it with disgust and smeared Payne's Gray over it and began to fool around. Now I think I can improve on this new flower. Next step was to put in the ribbon and work on values.
I finally got it to the point where I could put it to bed and say, "Enough."