Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Daily Painting Sessions - Good for the Soul

At 5pm every day my alarm goes off to remind me to spend an hour or two painting or doing some other creative project in an area that pleases me. I spend most of the day working on various business projects and its nice to dance with my muse for a while. After supper its back to the Night Studio to work on the next book. For me every day is work work work but if some of it can be of my own choosing, it can feel like play. -- The ghost florals I've been doing are the result of that 5 o'clock daily respite.

Everyone should have something creative to do on a regular basis, whether it is painting, sewing, making car models or fishing flies, building something, making music, gardening....  Creating fills the heart with joy, calms the mind, carves out a space of belonging in one's soul.  We humans are makers.  It is our birthright.  I encourage each of you to make time for it.

Here's what I've been doing for the past three nights in my 5 o'clock daily painting sessions. This is the point at which I get very nervous. I'm always afraid I'm going to wreck it on the home stretch. Even if I do, the process was worth it.  Stay tuned to see how it comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment