Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blue Ghost - my newest Ghost Floral Oil Painting


I'm continuing to create more paintings in my Ghost Floral series. These are paintings in shades of white on a darker, mottled background.  
I call them Ghosts because they shine eerily at night.  While my other paintings fade as night comes, the white ghost paintings become more visible.  Notice this photo taken at night with no lights on. You can hardly see the other paintings but the ghost floral shines.   Woooooooo.


Here is a little slideshow I made to show the process of how this painting was made.  I had fun with the scary music.


5 comments:

  1. I'm reading your blog backwards, and wanted to tell you again what a gifted artist, illustrator, and with your thought provoking ideas, I will say therapist. Besides your coloring pages, the ghost paintings are my absolute favorites. They speak to me in a way very few pieces of art ever have. Thank you for creating them, as I look at each one you show, I see a little more of the pieces I have kept hidden in deep, far away place for a very long time. They are enjoying their return to the light, being free of others opinions and judgements. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a great idea. Your generosity is inspiring. I love the support of the kid lit world!

    ReplyDelete