Thursday, March 26, 2015

Trying to Fix a Lonely Flower

It must be the frugal New Englander in me. I feel compelled to do something with the practice roses I did last week. I just can't let them sit on a canvas and do nothing, even though I don't like them that much. Is it codependent of me to try to be fixing these all the time instead of accepting their loneliness and moving on? Sigh.



Here's what I did yesterday with one of those old roses. I've put more pigment in the background, punched up the values in the rose (perhaps too much) and added greenery.  

Below are photos of my process.



Here is the lonely practice rose I did last week that I was starting with. You can see that the values in this one are too subtle.  Yet the values in my updated version are too extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment