Sunday, March 15, 2015

Overworking a Painting

This is what an overworked painting looks like. I broke my rule of not working on Sunday (not for religious reasons - just so I would give myself a day off) and look what happened. I fussed and fussed with this for four hours until it was mud. There goes my day of serenity. Too bad its slushing outside or I would take a walk to clear my head. 

I'm showing this upside down because I can't decide whether to continue or just junk it and move on. I'm not very good at destroying my work, although I should be by now.  Its freeing to be detached enough from a piece to be able to wipe it clean and start over.  It means that you can say to yourself: this didn't work out but that's OK because I have more good work inside me.

Onward and upward. Tally Ho!


No comments:

Post a Comment