Monday, October 27, 2014

Creating Ribbonwork Pins

Talk about burn-out!  Here's why I only do one labor-intensive collection a year:

Tasks to create one ribbonwork pin: 
Sew ribbon into basic flower shape. Sew this to crinoline. Sew 2-4 leaves and sew them onto crinoline. Choose embellishments. (This takes the longest!). Sew & glue all components onto crinoline. Trim crinoline and felt backing, sew pin into felt, sew label onto felt, and attach felt to flower back. Mount pin onto presentation board, pin into place, assemble clear box and label.  Total time for one pin= 3-5 hours.


This year I decided to do two dozen at once to see if I could save some labor instead of creating them one at a time.  I'm not sure how much time I saved but this method is definitely more intense and crazy-making.  Next year I'm doing them singly again. Whew.


Tonight I will assemble this one and then show you the final result.  This year's collection of two dozen should be finished by next week.  I will be putting them up for sale in my Etsy shop soon.

Stay tuned.  I'm going to bed.

-------The next day:
Here's how the one above turned out:


No comments:

Post a Comment