Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gearing Up for Holiday Kirigami

'Tis the season for cutting kirigami!  I've begun my annual push to create a few dozen kirigami mandalas in preparation for holiday sales. I tend to do more papercutting in the fall and winter - somehow it seems like a holiday activity.  These ten mandalas below will be laminated and strung and some posted on Etsy but most will be for sale at the Chandler Holiday Bazaar and other venues. I can generally cut between three and five per night, if I begin at 7pm.  Too many nights in a row of cutting and stopping is imperative, since cutting through eight folds of paper is hard on the hands.

Here's what I've done in the past three nights. I will be showing more as September progresses.  Stay tuned.




1 comment:

  1. Totally fab! I LOVE paper cutting in the winter months! Your designs are so intricate! Ever thought of teaching a class on technique?

    ReplyDelete