Monday, November 19, 2012

Sweet Pink Ribbonwork Flower

I've always admired artisans who are able to find something they love to craft and make it over and over again for years.  My curse is that I am easily bored.  I can only sustain interest in something for  up to three months (usually less) and then I have to move on to something else.  I will return to it later  but only after I've recovered from the drain of my current intensity. 

I'm beginning to become weary (burned out) from making ribbonwork pins.  Its been an intense two weeks - making one or two every night - and my sewing hand is aching.  I've filled my quota for the holiday shops and bazaars and was only going to make a few more to sell in my Etsy shop.  But yesterday a gallery director walked into Arjuna while I was there and asked me if I would put my things in their holiday craft show and I said yes.  Oy.  I have to move on to sewing my winter fleece collection.  I got a month behind with my artisan crafts this summer when my mother was ill and I still haven't caught up.

Here is last night's bounty, a two movie affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment