Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Tiny Scratchboard ACEO

Recently I asked my cabinetmaker neighbor to cut me some backing boards for my framing project. Out of curiosity, I had him cut a 7x5 inch piece of black clayboard into fourths, which would make me 4 pieces sized 2.5x3.5, the size of a standard ACEO. I wanted to see whether clayboard could be cut without damaging it.  Apparently it can, although the cut edges splinter a bit and need to be sanded smooth.

Last night I etched a wee flower into one of the little boards, to see how well it works.  It is somewhat difficult to hold such a small piece for etching, so next time I will try taping it to a larger, easier to hold board.  Here it is, a one movie bambini:


ACEO's are art cards intended for trade or sale. There is a good explanation for them here:
http://aceo.org/ . I have listed this one for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment