Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspired by: Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choirs



When I watched and listened to Eric Whitacre's virtual choir sing "Sleep" on Youtube, I couldn't keep from weeping.  Not only was the music beautiful, but the concept of people gathering together online from every continent to create something transcendant ... that idea alone melted the hard ball of fear and depression that can form inside me sometimes when I let myself think of the current news of the day. It is easy to forget, when one is bombarded with news of war, poverty, suffering, injustice and their overlord Greed, that beauty, goodness, fellowship, and cooperation are still alive and well all over the world.  In fact, I think most people are decent to each other - but, sadly, they are not the ones motivated toward power.


Eric Whitacre, composer and director, has digitally captured the voices of two thousand people singing in unison to his music and has crafted these voices into a beautiful music video.  You can see "Sleep" HERE. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WhWDCw3Mng&hd=1) or go to his website for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment