Friday, February 10, 2012

Inspired by: Architectural Kirigami

I haven't shown much on this blog for the past few days because I am working on two online kirigami courses I am developing as part of an atelier for crafters.  More about this later.

Since one of my courses is "Three Dimensional Kirigami," I thought I would show you some architectural designs that inspire me.  Architectural kirigami is 3D kirigami in the shape of buildings.  There are some artists who do only that and... wow, they do it exceedingly well.  Architectural kirigami is something I have done very rarely.  (My focus has been on shapes in nature: people, animals, trees, flowers, etc.)  I will surely be trying my hand at this in the future. 

Here are some wonderful images from across the web:  These two are by Ingrid Siliakus.







I don't know the originator of this next one.


And here is how magical they can look when lit up.


It takes a completely different eye to create buildings than to create what I make.  I would like to expand in this direction in the future.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment