Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Celtic Star Scratchboard Border - Nearly Finished

This border is taking much longer than I expected, probably because the detailing is more subtle than my previous scratchboard border design.   Here are my two iterations from tonight's two-movie session in the Night Studio.  (I'm going backwards and showing you the latest version first.)





 And these were the two stages from a few nights ago.






















One more session and I should be done. I want to fill in the vine that travels around the entire border.

I think with this kind of medium I need to work larger.  While it looks wonderful in its original size, it it is impossible to enlarge this and have it look decent - too many messy crosshatch lines.  My eyes get tired working so small as well.  Perhaps I will try a larger format for the next one.



No comments:

Post a Comment