Saturday, December 3, 2011

Anemone Scratchboard - final steps

I loved this sea anemone design when I first sketched it (see previous post) but it proved very difficult to define well in the execution.  This turned out to be nearly a five movie project! Thank goodness I've been watching comedies. Here it is (below) in nearly finished form.  I still have to create a border for it to be consistent with the others in this series.  Normally I do the border first but this time I had a clear idea for the flower and I'm a bit perplexed about what will compliment it.  Hope I don't wreck it. (That is always a concern with this unforgiving medium. There is no easy fixing or turning back with scratchboard.)


And here is the final result.  It is a 5x7 inch black clayboard etching.



No comments:

Post a Comment