Sunday, October 30, 2011

A New Way to Frame Kirigami Papercuts

I cut this kirigami papercut tonight (a two movie project)...


and placed it in this new floater frame I found last week.  The papercut is pressed between two pieces of tempered glass which slide into the frame together. Whatever background it is hung against becomes the backing color.  I love it!  Obviously, it looks better against a dark or colored wall but even against a beige wall (as shown) it looks magical.



I'm going to look for more of these frames or try using this principle with a traditional frame.
This piece is going in the Artistry Gallery show next week. I finished it in the nick of time.  Whew!
I think I may have figured out a solution to framing the 3D piece as well.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment