Friday, September 2, 2011

Flood Repair After Storm Irene

Tonight my son and daughters-in -law are coming, as well as some others to help me clean up after the storm.  We will need to haul logs and trash out of the culvert and clean out some of the barn.  The destroyed road to the pond will have to wait for big equipment, which is now needed to repair municipal roads and bridges.    Unfortunately, we are expecting another rainstorm this weekend, heavy rains predicted. Oy.
HERE is a heart-wrenching video of what happened to some of the towns in the area. (http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/look_at_the_flooding_in_vermont_20110831/)

I will be cutting kirigami horses for a couple of nights to fill a custom order.  After that I should be getting back to my normal routine. Stay tuned amici.

No comments:

Post a Comment