Friday, August 12, 2011

Making Ribbonwork Components

For the past few evenings I've been making components (leaves & flowers) to make ribbonwork flower pins - enough to create a dozen or so new ones.
 

It is simple but tedious fun and lends itself to good movie watching.  Strangely, when I have a lot of very detailed work to do, I prefer simplistic action films to thoughtful dramas where one has to pay more attention.  The kiss of death is anything sad or tragic.  My work slows way down when trying to hold back tears.  Last night I watched the first four episodes of the inane, silly series called "Merlin." Oy.  Needless to say, I got a lot of work done.



Next I will need to assemble these parts into gorgeous, elegant pins - and maybe a hair ornament - but not yet.  I have to put ribbonwork aside for a few days, as I have three new custom kirigami papercut commissions. I will show them to you as I make them. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment