Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cleaning Up from Storm Irene

Today is cleanup day everywhere I look.  Road crews, carpenters, tree experts, electric company linemen, phone crews....  Everywhere busy little ants are carrying away trash, trees, and sludge from Tropical Storm Irene.

My stream is nearly back to normal levels now.  The volume of water I usually get in the spring when the snow melts is now pouring past.  This is what it looks like today.

This is how it was two days ago.
 

 But just in case you want more disaster pictures:  THESE local pictures were taken during the storm, but not by me. 

My electricity came back on last night so today I will be cleaning out the fridge and the yard.  Then... back to work.  I sewed several ribbonwork pins by candlelight the past few days.  I will show you them tomorrow.
See you anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment