Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Sorry to be absent for several days.   I've just returned home from a trip to Rhode Island where I went to a family reunion and celebrated the 4th with my extended family.  I brought drawing supplies with me, intending to finish up some projects and post them to you but, of course, that never happens on vacation. 
Instead, I feasted on lobster dinners . . .

went to the movies, picnicked with my family, and went on a wonderful sunset sail in Newport Harbor. 

We wound our way along Ocean Drive to look at the dozens of mansions and imagine ourselves in the good life . . .

and watched Bristol make itself ready for the annual parade.

I swooned at all the blue hydrangeas in bloom for the holiday. (I grew up with blue hydrangea but, sadly, they won't grow in this part of Vermont.)



I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend as well. 
Now.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment