Monday, June 6, 2011

BookArts: Monday's Child -Putting the Book Together - session 1

Putting this book together has been a challenge. 


It was raining, so I couldn't do this outside. Instead, I used a spray box to contain the spray adhesive. Works great.


I wanted to preserve the dimensional aspect of the papercuts - so I didn't glue the papercuts to the backing board completely. This means they stand out from the page a bit when opened. 
It also means that they shift when the book is closed, and crimp up a bit. Oh well.



Later today I will connect these eight pieces into an accordian book and make a stand for it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment