Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ribbonwork Hat & Coat Ornaments

Seeing the fabulous hats at the royal wedding inspired me to revive some of my ribbonwork hat & coat ornaments. They have mostly sold out of the shops they were in, so I was due to make more anyway. 



This time, instead of making them one by one, I've decided to approach this dozen assembly-line style.  I made a couple dozen leaves to start, then began sewing the gathered flowers.



Now I'm beginning to bring everything together into a corsage with embellishments, feathers, beads, etc. Here are some I've made in the past few evenings at my Night Studio.  Each one is about a two movie project. I've decided to begin selling some in my Etsy shop as well as at Arjuna in Woodstock, VT and here in the Itty Bitty Art Gallery.



No comments:

Post a Comment