Monday, May 30, 2011

Book Arts Entry - Monday's child

For the Book Arts show I am entering in June, I will be creating a small accordian book which depicts the Nursery rhyme for the days of the week:

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living.
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.




  "Monday's child is fair of face."


Each day's rhyme will be depicted by a half-circle kirigami papercut.  Most of them are combination cuts: the outer edge is a multi-fold and the inner area is a bi-fold or mirror image.  I have finished the cuts now and am working out how best to put it into book form.  Each day this week I will show you one of the papercuts and at the end, hopefully it will be finished and I will show the entire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment