This session was all about details. I went back to my first painting and added three white flowers in the upper left for balance. I also added depth to the ribbon, the white berries, and the stems.
In the second painting, I got up the courage to paint a stamen into the large flower. I held my breath the whole time. Thankfully, I like the results. (There is nothing worse than making a big boo boo in the most prominent part of your painting!) I also changed the centers of the three pink flowers to give them a bit more visibility.
For the next day or so, I will be working on the sides of the canvas. I have an idea to paint a design in gold along the sides, as a kind of faux frame. We shall see how that works. If it doesn't, then I will just paint over it in the same color as the background. Stay tuned.
Each of these oil paintings is 24x30" on canvas with a 2" gallery wrap. Just in case you wondered.
I am nearly done with these. Time to start planning something new.