Monday, March 14, 2011

Turquoise Duo - Session 8


I'm feeling a bit better about this painting now. In this session I've begun to bring in more fantasy elements, such as the leaves in the two bottom corners. (I don't aim to paint accurate botanical illustrations, only to render fanciful flora based on actual plants.)


I've also added the daisy-like flowers at the top, the beginning of a couple of buds, and more definition in the other flowers.

I've decided on the design of the two large flowers (not shown.) I've also worked out the path of the ribbon (also not shown) by printing out a photo of the painting and sketching on top of it.

At last. Some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment