Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Turquoise Duo - Session 3

I've begun to sketch the second painting in the Turquoise Duo. (Since I intend to do this pair of paintings in tandem, I will label them by session rather than by painting.) For some reason this sketch took me forever (a few hours) to create. I suppose it is more difficult to make something that will coordinate as opposed to a solo painting.

This picture more accurately shows the color or the background than the previous one, which looks much grayer. (I still haven't gotten used to my new camera and often the color isn't quite right.) Again, I've left two open spaces for the large flowers. Also, the ribbon hasn't been added to either of these yet.


I hope you don't mind all the whining and complaining I do in the process of creating a work of art. I suspect most artists mutter various dissatisfactions to themselves quite a bit while working but are more restrained when presenting. Since I'm sharing each small increment of progress with you, you get to hear the mutterings.
Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment