Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Practice Painting- session 5


I had lots of time to paint today, since we are in the middle of a huge blizzard.

Here I've added more color (which shows better in person) and I've begun to define the stems more. I am discovering that very light glazes work best for me. Earlier I was using linseed oil but that took forever to dry and I must have been using too much because it dripped all down the painting the next day. Oy. Today I used liquin, which is thicker and so much easier to use. It dries faster as well. On days like this I miss watercolor.

Well, the snow plow just came. Time to go shovel the walk to the driveway. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment