Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Fingers Like Elving


At the end of a long day, I like to relax and watch a video. ( Yes, I do know how to relax. I meditate regularly and have a pretty serene personality.) But in the evening my fingers just itch to be doing something creative. It's relaxing and enjoyable and gives me a lot of satisfaction.

So, even though I've put away my ribbonwork and the house is all tidied and ready for the Snowflake Party, and since I've taken out the papercutting tools for the party, of course I had to cut some kirigami last night.


You can see that practice improves my art. Since I haven't cut for a while, I find these a bit crude and unimaginative (for me.) Compare them with these two hearts that I cut during my last session when the muse was with me.



The more I cut, the more ideas I have. I will be putting this craft away again before Christmas but next year my best mandalas will be made after about two weeks of cutting every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment