Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting Ready for the Snowflake Party

All the kirigami papercutting I do in a year culminates in this delightful celebration: my Snowflake Party. It is a wonderful, fun, relaxed event where dozens of people drop by all during the day and evening to sit, chat, and cut paper snowflakes to put on their windows during the winter holiday season. We eat wickedly sweet food, drink hot wassail, and laugh. What could be better?

This is also the second time in the year that I open my little "gallery" to those wishing to buy my work. Yesterday I spent the day getting ready, decorating the house, and putting up lights, all the while listening to Christmas music to get me in the holiday mood.

I hang snowflakes among the pots and pans in the kitchen.

And above the dining table.

I've re-stocked my branches with hanging kirigami.

And set up displays with my hat ornaments and coloring books.


I have plenty of cards and take-aways all over the house.


Today I clean the house. (What does it say about me that I decorate first and clean last?) Except for a bit of life coaching I will be doing in the afternoon, (my other day job) my time today will be spent getting ready for this delicious party.

No comments:

Post a Comment