Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Cardigan for ME

I've made some very lovely clothes for myself in the past but for the past few years most of my attention has been on other things. This fall several of my wonderful clothes have fallen to rags - actually shredding - so it is my aim in 2011 to make myself some lovely things to cocoon myself in.
Here is the first: a polartec cardigan in turquois.


It is a wide, flowing wrap-front top, decorated with my current bubble design on the front and back. I haven't decided how I will close it up and I am considering adding two pockets. The basic pattern was copied from a favorite sweater of mine and then enhanced by me. It is intended to be worn as a top or sweater in winter and a light jacket in summer.
I've been flouncing around the village today, showing it off. "When are you having your next fashion show?" was the common refrain. I haven't had one for a few years now. Perhaps in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment