Monday, October 4, 2010

Packaging: Bags & Boxes

I've been setting up my new little shop all week. Now it's time for me to focus on the Art to Wear room because that is where most of the interest has been. I've already sold two hats and I'm panicked. I am woefully low on inventory so this fall, in addition to painting, I will be designing and sewing. I've just finished re-working my garment tags and packaging. Many people buy these items as gifts, so nice packaging is essential.

I've decided to use my personal logo for all my packaging. In the past I've put hats in bags (and if I do shows I'll continue that practice.) But for the shop I've made pretty little hat boxes filled with tissue.


For my other one-of-a-kind items, I've created nice silver and gold bags, each decorated with a gift tag with my logo on it. I'm not sure I will keep this type of cloth ribbon on the bags. It looks nice but is rather expensive for smaller items. The ribbon stays on the boxes, though.


Tomorrow: my new garment tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment