Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to My New Gift Shop

I've been absent from this blog for a few days as I worked furiously to set up my new little shop. I have two plus rooms in the old bible factory on Route 4 west, just outside of the village of Woodstock, Vermont. Technically, I am part of the consignment shop, "Something Old, Something New" but my rooms are separate and function pretty much like my own shop. The beauty of it is that I don't have to be there all the time. I will be able to be in my studio producing while the owner runs the store.

Here you see the entrance to the consignment shop with a little sign pointing to my rooms.

I've set up the basics now, have priced and tagged everything. Now I need to decorate a bit more, put things on the walls, and make more hats! I will formally announce my shop in a few more days. I invite you to stop by. It's very modest right now and the great "booth" rent is balanced by the fact that I'm not in the village, where most of the action is. While I intent to approach this positively, I am under no illusions that my lack of visibility in town may prove fatal in the end. This is an experiment. If I can drum up interest for my work, at some point I may be able to move into town. We shall see. For now, I'm having fun.

Here are some pictures of the first room you enter when you come into my domain. This is the "Gift Room," where I have my cards, prints, and kirigami. Scattered among my wares are other pretty little things I intend to sell, to keep the consignment customers interested and to help pay the rent.



Tomorrow I will show you the Art to Wear room. Here's the little hallway that leads to it:

No comments:

Post a Comment