Monday, July 12, 2010

Going in a BIG New Direction

Now that the Thistledown logo is nearly finished, I will be turning my attention to going in the scary new direction I talked about a couple of weeks ago here. I've made a start: I bought a 4x5 ft canvas, a large easel and rolling red stool I'm calling The Hot Seat.



Having this large canvas in my studio really shows up how small my space is. It has lots of good storage but the actual working space is pretty cramped. This works OK for illustration but easel painting... I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, most of the other free spaces in my home don't have good light. I suppose if Pollock could work in his hallway, I can deal with this. After all, it wasn't too long ago that I didn't even have a studio and had to cram all my work in my bedroom.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment