Monday, May 31, 2010

My Dolls


The Open Studio Tour was a grand success for me. I mentioned in my last post that several people wanted to see my dolls, so I thought I would show them to you too.

Several years ago, I created these soft-body dolls for my daughters, my niece, and a few friends. These dolls have "real" body shapes, with a bust, waist and big butt. The clothes I made fit only these dolls. Every time I sewed something for myself, I would make another outfit for a doll with the same fabric.
Sometimes I would make doll clothes out of a favorite piece of clothing that was no longer wearable.
I also have a drawer with hanks of hair to make wigs for my dolls (but I haven't gotten to that yet.) I haven't made these to sell - just for giving to my loved ones. Most of my dolls have been given away but I still have three dolls and a wardrobe. I have a granddaughter now and someday one of them will go to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment