Sunday, April 11, 2010

Possibilities With Colored Pencil


While I am working on my Adult Coloring Journal this week, I thought I'd show you some of the wonderful possibilities others have achieved with pro colored pencils. This is a medium that is very precise, rendering wonderful detail. It is especially suited to portraiture and realistic painting such as those shown here.

Coloring is a slow, meditative work. When using wax-based pencils, such as Prismacolor, too much pressure will cause the pigment to smear and glob up. To avoid this, use a very sharp pencil, and go over and over the area with a light touch.

More painterly effects can be achieved in other ways, which I will discuss next time.


The portrait above can be found on DeweysDrawings.com.
The cat is on MonsterGuide.net.
The orange is at LeslieHawes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment