Saturday, March 20, 2010

Endless Iteration

I will never look at a book cover the same. Who knew there would be so much work tweaking a simple design? These are three versions of the cover of the Creativity Kit boxtop. I haven't even started work on the back. Sheesh. I have these samples standing up on my kitchen counter. Everyone who comes in has to give their vote and comments. So far I've gotten several good suggestions about the book's text, one of them from my son who said the first line of the suggestion page is "too girly."


I think I have to take a break from this for a while and produce some more drawings or a painting. I'm not really cut out to be a graphic artist.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the first cover, simple and tidy. I like the writing inside the borders, isn't that what coloring books are all about? xoxo

    ReplyDelete