Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Young Art

My daughter (in her mid twenties) is having a going-away party here this evening. Although someone as OLD as me isn't allowed, except to pop in once in a while, I was squirminly delighted to discover that one of the activities my sweet one had planned was an art project! Yes. Even the guys participated.

They each decorated a little jar for keeping whatever.

After cutting out pictures and designs from magazines and some of my old draft images, they painted their jars with matte medium, then painted over the images again, thus forming an image sandwich between layers of medium.

Their little jars will be mementos of the party and their time together. Rachael has "802" on hers. (That is the VT area code and shorthand for "Vermont.")

I am so proud. Art lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment