Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Preparing Kirigami for VATA Conference


In two days I will be teaching workshops at the Vermont Art Teachers Association annual conference at the Vermont Studio Center in Johnston near the college. You can see the conference brochure here. My classes are "Kirigami Papercutting" and "Illustrate Your Story."

This morning I will be gathering examples and materials for the Kirigami class.

Hopefully there will be time for each participant to create a mandala or bifold. I will also be showing my dimensional cards, including one that opens three times like a puzzle. (Sorry, can't show it to you because the effect doesn't come off well in photos.)

I will bring examples of my work, give a demonstration or two, and then lead the class in making something. I will provide the paper, scissors, punches, knives, etc.


By the way, if any of you are interested in coming to my annual Snowflake Party this year on Dec 6 (with kirigami cutting for all) please see the announcement HERE on my coaching website: www.CynthiaEmerlye.com - on the Calendar page under December.


No comments:

Post a Comment