Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fun in the Ladies Bathroom

While visiting the charming Wisconsin countryside, and on the way to Kohler (yes, the toilet capital of the world!) Barbara and Bill took me to the Kohler Art Center in Sheboygan where craft mingles with fine art. A mixture of powerful exhibits were there, some disturbing and energy-charged, others charming and beautiful. (Imagine a little house made out of crocheted yarn.) When I mentioned that it was time for a trip to the ladies room, Barbara said, "You're in for a treat."
Huh?
"It's not just another bathroom," she teased. When I opened the door, I understood why:




As soon as you enter, a wall of exquisite and charming hand-painted tiles greets you, inviting you into Alice-in Wonderland's boutique.



"Pick the right stall," said Barbara, so I looked into each of them. Here are two:



Washing up took a while. I couldn't stop examining the images. You can't see it in this picture, but the inside of the sinks and toilets are hand-decorated as well.


I have four derelict bathrooms in my old farmhouse. Oh, that I could be so daring when the time comes to renovate!

Wait 'till you see the men's bathroom!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a treat! I love the photos :) Since I'll probably never go there, this is the next best thing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete