Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Chandler Center for the Arts


Earlier this fall I passed up an opportunity to be in the Local Artist show at the Chandler Gallery in Randolph, Vermont. I was too busy getting ready for what turned out to be the Sevi's debacle. Chandler provides local artists and craftspeople many opportunities to participate, however. I have just been invited to have my kirigami work in their holiday bazzar, a month-long craft show run by the gallery.

In addition to visual art, the Chandler is a performance center. For a sleepy little town like Randolph, they have a lot going on. If you are in Vermont, check them out HERE.


Right now I'm having trouble keeping up with the season. This is foliage time in Vermont, when tens of thousands of leaf-peepers descend on the state to view the magnificent autumn color. I have had to re-stock my greeting cards and bookmarks at Shiretown Books three times in the past twelve days. Fairs and shows are everywhere. Soon the Holiday Bazzars and fairs will begin. I'm soooo not ready. It is always difficult to remember, during the slow spring and moderate summer that the three months from October 1 to January 1 are a madhouse when most of the year's craft sales are made. Since I've been focusing more on creating paintings this year, my crafts have been somewhat neglected. Now I'm scrambling to make up for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment