Monday, July 13, 2009

Working Vacation

I'm traveling to Rhode Island tomorrow to spend several days visiting my mother. Hopefully there will be beach and sun for us on the horizon. This portends to be a working vacation for me, though. So much to catch up on: tattoo design, format & print new cards, re-work website....

Why can't I just postpone these things and enjoy myself, you ask? Because selling season (Sept - December) is just around the corner and I'm not ready. At least three quarters of the art I currently sell changes hands at the end of the year. I need my inventory to be full and new by then. Also, 1000Markets has sent out promotional packets of sample products to important news outlets and my cards were among them! Soon (probably within a week) that will bring attention to my sites. My website badly needs an overhaul and it needs to be in place by the time anyone starts peeking. I guess things come in waves and I am caught in a big wave right now.

So if you don't hear from me for a few days its because I am busy. I will try to shoot my progress your way. Any tips or (constructive) criticism of my website would be helpful in the short run.

Here's my newest sketch for a card.

Sorry its so dim. I didn't want to take it apart to scan it. Watch for it later.
See you again in RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment