Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Signature Chop

In an earlier post ("My Signature Symbol") I showed you the symbol I've developed for all my paintings. It is embedded in most everything I do. There is meaning in this symbol about my life and my family, as well as a stylized "C" and "E" for my initials. Because I've been making more digital prints and giclees, which are difficult to verify, I've decided to start using a stamp or "Chop" as another layer of authenticity. I am having a metal stamp made, with which I will stamp my logo onto the print. I will not be using ink, as this design is already on the painting. Instead it will appear as a reverse embossing or letterpress. I already sign my prints on the reverse and sometimes place a thumbprint on as well. This chop will be nice too. Here are the two versions I've created. I'm not sure yet which one I will be using. Feedback is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment