Monday, March 30, 2009

Beautiful Post on Stroking One's Muse

Yesterday I read the most beautiful, lyrical post by a contemporary artist, Genie Maples. She calls it "Rubbing the Muse's Back."

I have included a quote below but I strongly suggest you visit her site on 1000Markets.com and read the whole post. It is wonderful.
Access her site here: http://www.1000markets.com/users/geniemaples

"I began to understand for the first time why people speak of the muse as female. I felt like a neglectful man approaching his lover, and finding she turns away from his overtures.

"What could I do? I spent a long time metaphorically caressing the back of my muse, accepting her reluctance as my due, hoping she would be gracious enough to open again to my touch. Here’s what I think is key: I made no excuses. I just used my gestures to repeat without anger or expectation, “I’m here,” for as long as it took for her to believe it might be true."


1 comment:

  1. Cynthia, thank you so much for honoring me with space on your blog!

    Genie

    ReplyDelete