Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Red Heart, Black Heart

I have been thinking about the effect of color in displaying my kirigami online. In person no background is needed because the work shows itself off well. Online, however, I am becoming bored with black and white. Also, I notice that my kirigami cards, which are photographed in more subtle tones, get chosen for display in treasuries quite often, but my mandalas do not. I believe this is because the black and white is too stark to blend with the color schemes of most treasuries. So I am trying some reds as background for my hearts to see how it goes. Let me know what you think.

Here are my newest. I've been cutting like a banshee lately. But now I have the dozen I need for the storefront window. Whew.

Dragons


Dancing with Flowers


Double Tree Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment