This week I received a fun commission from a beneficent group called Hearts and Hands, women who help pregnant mothers have their babies. They have requested a set of hanging mandalas for their members. I have made seven mandalas with this theme in mind. Here is a description of each mandala:
1. Curly-haired pregnant women hold hearts. Hands hold their bellies. In the center is a snowflake.
2. Stylized hearts radiate out from the center of this mandala. Around the edge are more traditional hearts and open hands.
3. A dance of pregnant women with hands held high. Their bellies are filled with flowering life. Below their bellies are "V" shapes, the traditional symbol for the feminine vulva. Hearts join them.
4. Pregnant women holding hearts. In the center is a stylized four leaf clover for luck.
5. A Celtic cross decorated with hearts becomes reaching hands surrounding flowering hearts. In the center is a snowflake.
6. Pregnant women dance around stars. Hands cradle their bellies. In the center hearts form a four leaf clover for luck.
7. Flowering vines separate open hands cradling hearts. In the center is a flower.