Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been a long winter but now I'm back.


This past winter (Spring, really - although in Vermont Spring is still winter) things have been challenging for me. I was in the hospital for surgery and, silly me, thought that I would spend my recovery time painting. Wrong. I didn't have the energy or focus to do much of anything for about three months. Finally, in July I began to get back to work.

Thanks to all of you who supported me in my recovery.

My first task was to finish the long overdue logo design for the Ambrose family, who have a charming little business releasing doves for special occasions: weddings, funerals, graduations, etc. They are called "Doves Over Vermont." Every time I met with Nancy to discuss the project, she would bring a basket with a pair of doves and we would release them at the end of our meeting. They would fly out to the field by the barn and then circle several times, gaining altitude each time. When they had enough height and their bearings, they would fly down the valley toward home. Nancy says these doves have a 150 mile homing range! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment